In this project, eight partners collaborated to increase and share knowledge about how to keep youngsters involved in sports.
Who are these partners?
The partners of Keep Youngsters Involved are:
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- IPDJ – Instituto Portugues Do Desporto E Juventude (Portugal)
- LIKES – Research Center for Sport and Health Sciences (Finland)
- NISR – National Institute for Sport Research (Romania)
- University of Leuven (Belgium)
- KNZB – Royal Dutch Swimming Federation (Netherlands)
- TAFISA – The Association For International Sport for All
- Knowledge Centre for Sport and Physical Activity (Netherlands)
Knowledge Centre for Sport and Physical Activity was in charge of the project. Most partners are active members of two networks: TAFISA Europe and/or HEPA Europe. In partner countries, local sport clubs at grassroots level tested the products and tools concerning preventing youngsters from dropout.
These organisations created an impact through strong cooperation with national partner organisations within the countries. Experiences and feedback from grassroots partners was also collected to improve the tools.